Agent Phil Coulson: deals with volatile supernatural forces on a daily basis, can’t make up his mind about mini-doughnuts. (x)
AVENGERS SPOILERS AHOY YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
Agent Phil Coulson of SHIELD is secretly the Vision. I’ll tell you why.
- The movies have already established that both Synthezoids (Captain America) and Life Model Decoys (Avengers, Iron Man 2 [Stark Expo]) exist. Fully passable androids are already around.
- Coulson has never exhibited emotion, not once. He remains cool calm and collected in the most insane situations. Even after being stabbed through the chest by Loki he barely bats an eyelash and advises Fury to use his death to motivate the team.
- Coulson was somehow able to get through Stark Tower’s security systems basically unchallenged
- When talking about Coulson after his “death” Fury says he “lost his one good eye”, a clear reference to Coulson’s codename Vision. Coulson has acted as Fury’s eyes in the field in every single aspect of the Avenger’s Initiative
- The one subject he expresses any real enthusiasm in is Captain America, a contemporary of Jim Hammond, the original Synthezoid on which the Vision was based.
- And most importantly, if this is true then Phil Coulson is alive.
Please be alive Phil…
HOW DID I NEVER MAKE THIS CONNECTION
i disappoint myself
18 years of comic books
The fans have a term that I’ve learned which is fantastic. It’s called ‘squee.’ S-Q-U-E-E. I’ll tell you I kept reading it going, ‘What does that mean?’
And then I walked onto the helicarrier. It’s a helicarrrier. I walked into the first scene, I walked through the door, and all of a sudden, I was looking at a kind of roundtable, around which was seated Thor, Captain America, Bruce Banner, Nick Fury, and Black Widow…
And I thought [small voice], ‘Squee!’
I get it now! Then I look around and it’s Robert Downey, Jeremy Renner, and Scarlett. Johannson. [sighs]. And I’m having the actor’s squee too!
… and no big deal or anything but Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Colbie Smulders, CLARK GREGG, Kevin Feige, and freakin’ JOSS WHEDON HIMSELF showed up and I probably cried.
Oh my gosh today has been too much for me to handle.
I’m not allowed to reveal much, but under the cut are just some general thoughts about the movie (no plot details, and I wouldn’t consider these spoilers, but read at your own risk!).
#son of coul being a boss